Friday, April 4, 2008

This blog

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008, I began writing out my lifetime of memories as they relate to an old school friend. She and I were classmates from kindergarten to grade 4. We were enrolled in a French Immersion program at Vista Heights Public School in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, between 1978 and 1983.

We were good friends back in the day. I remember her vividly. Her fingerprints are all over my life in ways both good and bad.

I’ve thought about her a lot over the years and although there were times in my life when I wanted to contact her, finding someone with such a common last name seemed impossible. Only recently, November 2007, I realized that my childhood friend has not exactly been hiding. It turns out she is something of a celebrity.

Originally I thought this project might take months. It has been 9 days now and already I am about half finished.

On Thursday, May 1st, 2008, I plan to post the full story.